USD 490 Bus Behavior Expectations
The following bus behavior expectations are presented here as defined by the Kansas Department of Transportation and USD 490. Parents are expected to review these rules with their child. As with any list of expectations, it is not possible to anticipate every type of misbehavior that occurs on buses or at bus stops. These expectations presented here are intended as a guide for students, parents, teachers and administrators to help ensure basic standards of conduct.
- Be Prompt and Prepared
- Be on time for bus
- Have all materials needed for school
- Wait for bus in proper places
- Respect Authority
- Treat the bus driver with respect.
- Follow directions promptly.
- The bus driver is in charge.
- Respect the Rights of Others
- Be polite.
- Keep hands and feet to oneself
- Keep voice at an appropriate level.
- No negative comments, threats, harassment, or inappropriate language
- Treat Bus with Respect
- Eating and drinking on the bus are not allowed.
- Tampering with or vandalizing the bus is not allowed.
- Animals and insects are not allowed.
- Display a Concern for Safety
- Remain seated while the bus is moving.
- Keep all body parts inside the bus.
- Wait for the bus in a safe and orderly manner.
- Allow driver to concentrate on driving.
- Students will not open or close doors except in an emergency.
- Glass containers are not allowed.
- Keep aisles, doors and emergency exits clear.
- Buses are equipped with video cameras.
- Follow USD 490 Policy Concerning Illegal Substances and Weapons.
BUS TRANSPORTATION REQUEST FORM
2017-2018 Bus Routes