Thursday, March 9th, 2017 Morning Announcements
· Congratulations to the following students for placing at state DECA and qualifying for ICDC in Anaheim California next month: Trevor Burnett, Nate Rhodes, Andrew Tipton, Syndey Harper, Brock Harvey, Jarin Koehler, Grace Myers.
· Students: Bring Jelly for the PB&J drive in the contest against Augusta.
· Track & Field practice will be held at the high school today. We will meet in the Commons @ 3:30.
· Any senior interested in playing in the Senior vs staff game needs to sign up in Hulls room Friday the 10th. Only 18 spots first come first serve. Game is Monday March 13th @ 7pm.
· The only students allowed to park in the teacher's parking area at the West side of the school are Extend students. If you are parking there and are not an Extend student do not park there anymore.
· Seniors: The PIE scholarships are all due by March 16th at the end of the day. Only a small number have been turned in. You cannot win a scholarship if you don't apply for it.
· Monday is the deadline for Insight cover designs; the requirements are that it must be your original work and have the title Insight on it. We are also accepting submissions of poetry, prose, artwork, and photography until March 31. All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title & type of work in the subject line.
· FCCLA members, please check your email for important announcements about helping with refreshments for the DECA dance this weekend.
· Attention all individuals wanting to try out for the dance team or cheer squad for the 2017-2018 school year: sign-up sheets are located outside of Mrs. Ankrom (229) and Ms. Ogden (215); once signed up you must get an information packet from Ogden for dance or Ankrom for cheer. Dance forms will be available starting Wednesday, March 1st; cheer forms are available starting Feb. 28th. Try-out practice times and dates are in the information packet. You must attend at least 1 practice to be able to try out but will be learning something new each day of practice this year.
· If you are going to be taking the ASSET test and would like help preparing, see Ms. Bruce.
· On Wednesday, March 15, a representative will be here from Cowley County Community College during seminar.
· On Tuesday, March 28, a representative will be here from Allen Community College during seminar.
· Any junior or sophomore: Please see your emails for the list of tuition free classes and the scores you need to qualify. ASSET retakes will be March 15 at 8:15 AM. If you have questions, please see your counselor.
· KAY is collecting Box Tops and Labels for Education until May 1. This is a class competition, and buckets are located in Ms. Fangmann’s room, room 208.
· Falling behind in class? Power Hour (After school help) is available from 3:05 pm to 4:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday, in room 231.